I only heard about this 24 hour Readathon event a few days ago via Book Riots, and as I love any excuse to curl up with a book – I decided to join in. It started about 15 minutes ago and I’m currently sat here typing. I guess I’ll update later in the day, I’m not sure of my exact approach or what ‘challenges’ involve yet. I’m hoping to get through a chapter of a few different books, as you can see – my ‘to read’ pile is getting ridiculous now.
Ok so 2 hours have passed and I’ve just found my first mini challenge:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Oxford, UK. It’s a pretty grey day out, so perfect for staying indoors and reading. I don’t intend to get out of my pyjamas if I can help it. It’s also the first day of having the heating on – hello impending winter.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I’m not sure which I’ll choose yet, possibly The Mandarins or The Wasp Factory
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I hadn’t even thought about this, I guess I’ll be leaving the house after all, might treat myself to some pretzel pieces although they are notoriously messy and would mean greasy fingers on the pages
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m a bad blogger, I haven’t posted anything in almost a year. Plenty of ideas but way too good at procrastination
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
1st readathon, just looking forward to some solid reading time. And seeing what other readathon-ers are up to