Fairly quick post tonight for day 6 of my hundred days blogging challenge: A few weeks ago as the weather started to get a bit chillier, at the weekends I statted to crack out the tea pot a bit more often, however the main problem was that the tea gets cold faster than I can drink it so I decided a tea cosy would be a good project.
The first challenge was finding the right pattern, given that I didn’t know the name for my style of teapot – turns out it’s a stump tea pot, which doesn’t sound very attractive! Once I had that info, a quick search threw up a few possibilities on Pinterest, but I went with one by Stephanelli Designs on Ravelry that was a cute striped number. I changed the ordering of the stripes to suit my taste but otherwise followed the pattern to a tee (badoom cha). The pattern uses a 5mm needle and worsted weight yarn, so I guessed that the acryllic I had from poundland would probably be the right weight and it seems to have worked well.
I think it was a very easy pattern, well written – which as I’ve found out is almost more important that the technicality of the stitches – basically if someone doesn’t explain how to do something in standard terms or very well, a pattern can quickly take a turn for the worse. Not with this – I started it about 8pm and worked on it whilst watching TV, so it took about 3 hours (not including the sewing in of ends which I haven’t done yet) and left me feeling very accomplished!
Looking foward to tomorrow’s tea staying warmer that bit longer!